Designed to inspire and support the next generation of young, gifted Canadians.
Calling all aspiring and talented musical superstars - submit a video or audio performance to Canada’s Walk of Fame for your chance to win the RBC Emerging Artist Music Mentorship Prize.
Chosen by a selection committee and announced Summer 2014, the Grand Prize winner will receive:
- A cash prize of $25,000 CDN.
- Twenty (20) hours of private studio time at Metalworks Studio with an appointed producer, periodically mentored by Rik Emmett and Gil Moore from Triumph.
- Ten (10) hours of studio time in The Tragically Hip's private studio, mentored by Gord Sinclair.
- Music Industry Career Development Mentorship Session with Q & A.
- Introductions to agents, managers, music executives.
- A minimum of one public performance at a CWOF event.
- Album cover artwork design provided by Eric McBain, Creative Director.
Six additional prizes will also be awarded:
- A Second Place cash prize of $5,000 CDN
- Five additional finalist cash prizes of $1,000 CDN.
- Music Industry Career Development Information Session with Q & A.
The approximate value of the prize is $100,000 CDN.
Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited music program at the time of entry.
The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2014.
The RBC Emerging Artist Music Mentorship Prize is supported by the RBC Foundation.