April 22, 2012
ONLY ONE WEEK REMAINS TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS FOR CANADA’S WALK OF FAME 2012 INDUCTEES
- NOMINATIONS AND CONTEST CLOSE – MONDAY, APRIL 30 -
- VISIT WWW.CANADASWALKOFFAME.COM/NOMINATE TO SUBMIT -
(Toronto, Ontario) April 23, 2012 – Attention all Canadians from coast to coast and around the world...only one week remains to submit your nomination to Canada’s Walk of Fame (CWOF) for the person(s) you feel should be inducted this year. Each nominator will have the chance to win one of five trips for two to Toronto to attend Canada’s Walk of Fame 2012 induction celebrations (Saturday, September 22, 2012), courtesy of the RBC® Visa Infinite‡ Avion® card.
From the United Kingdom to Uruguay, Summerside, PEI to Kamloops, BC, thousands of nominations have been steadily pouring in since April 2 from Canadians that want to have their say on who should be recognized for their accomplishments in the fields of music, film, sports, television, literature, visual and performing arts as well as science and innovation.
Submissions can be made via the newly designed Canada’s Walk of Fame website www.canadaswalkoffame.com, which has been optimized for mobile viewing. For the first time, submissions can also be made through the official Facebook Fan Page, www.facebook.com/canadaswalkoffame. All submissions must be received by Monday, April 30 at 11:59pm ET.
Parameters for nominations include the following:
• Nominees must have been born in Canada or have spent their formative or creative years in Canada
• Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in their field and have an established body of work
• Nominees must have had national or international impact on Canada’s heritage
• All entries must be submitted by April 30, 2012 at 11:59pm
The 2012 Canada’s Walk of Fame celebrations begin Thursday, September 20th through to Sunday, September 23rd. The highlight of the full weekend events, the 2012 Canada’s Walk of Fame Awards will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2012, at Toronto’s Elgin Theatre. The show will be broadcast nationally on Global Television and SliceTM in Fall 2012 (date TBD). Additional announcements to follow.
Holmes Creative Communications
t: 416-628-5610; e: email@example.com